The January transfer window may be closed across Europe, but teams are looking towards the summer and rumors abound. Transfer Talk brings you the latest in rumours, rumours, comings, goings and of course deals done!
TOP STORY: Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool are all targeting Johnson
Nottingham Forest forward Brennan Johnson is monitored by several top Premier League teams, according to Ekrem Konur.
Arsenal, Manchester City and Liverpool are all said to be keen on the 21-year-old striker, who scored a brace in Forest’s 2-2 draw with Everton on Sunday.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga & more (US)
– Read on ESPN+: Newcastle resurgence explained
While Steve Cooper’s Nottingham Forest side have made 30 signings this season, Johnson, an academy graduate at the club, is their top scorer in the Premier League. The Wales international has contributed to nine goals this season, playing in all 25 games, 23 of which he started.
Should his performances continue, reported interest from Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool side, who are targeting a top-four finish, as well as two other title contenders, suggest it could be difficult to keep Johnson at the City Ground next season.
Brennan Johnson of Nottingham Forest celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal against Everton at the City Ground on March 5, 2023 in Nottingham, England. Shaun Botterill/Getty Images
– Villarreal are open to defender Pau Torres and forwards Samuel Chukwueze unless they sign new deals, Marca report. While the club are keen to keep them, the players will enter the final year of their contracts in June and so Villarreal are keen not to lose them on a free transfer. The LaLiga side are expected to start talks with them before the summer and plan to sack them if there is no progress. Torres, 26, was linked with both Barcelona and Real Madrid last season, while Chukwueze, 23, saw reports of interest from Arsenal back in November.
– Despite being linked with a move from the club, Chelsea is a forward Raham Sterling wants to stay at Stamford Bridge, writes Fabrizio Romano. The 28-year-old joined the Blues from Manchester City for £48million last summer and the latest suggest Chelsea manager Graham Potter intends to make him a part of his future plans. Sterling has contributed to six goals in 19 Premier League games this season.
– Napoli have joined the race for the Lyon midfielder Houssem Auar, writes Calciomercato. The 24-year-old has recently been linked with AS Roma but it looks like Jose Mourinho’s side now face competition for his signing, while Eintracht Frankfurt and Real Betis have already made offers to sign him .
– Chelsea are still interested in signing the AS Roma striker Tammy Abraham, understands the Athletic. The 25-year-old joined the Serie A club in 2021 but the Blues included a clause allowing them to book him back for £67million. With Chelsea watching his performances closely, the latest suggests they are open to bringing him back to Stamford Bridge following his performances for the Giallorossi this season.
– Newcastle United have shortlisted two Premier League midfielders for the summer, Football Insider reveals. The Magpies are said to be keeping an eye on the 26-year-old Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay‘s playing time, with hopes they could lure him away from Old Trafford. They’re also keen on Leicester City JamesMadison26, which they were linked to in January.
Comments are closed.