TSR Exclusive: A judge has raised Tory Lanez’s bail to $250,000 after finding he violated an order of protection placed on him in the Megan Thee Stallion assault case. His bail was initially set at $190,000.
The Shade Room was in court moments ago when Tory Lanez was ordered to appear before a judge after prosecutors filed a motion last week to hold Tory in contempt for violating a court order to stay away from Megan Thee Stallion.
Prosecutors claimed Tory was within 100 yards of Meg in late July at Rolling Loud when he joined DaBaby on stage for his set. Prosecutors argued Tory’s guest appearance violated the order of protection against him and prosecutors also claimed Tory and DaBaby attempted to rush the stage during Megan’s performance.
In response to Tory’s presence at the festival, prosecutors asked the judge to revoke Tory’s bond or increase his bail to $500,000, but the judge raised it to half that and warned Tory that if he violates the protection order again, he’ll be remanded into the custody of the court.
The judge also modified the condition of Tory’s bail to prohibit him from attending any events where Meg is scheduled to appear.
“You have serious charges and you need to treat them as serious,” Judge Keith Borjon told Tory Lanez directly. “You’re facing multiple years in prison.”
It was a fiery back and forth Monday between the prosecution and Tory’s defense attorney.
The district attorney’s office argued that there were a total of six possible violations of the protection order against Tory, most recently on July 25 at Rolling Loud where Megan performed before DaBaby.
The prosecution argued Megan felt Tory was trying to antagonize and intimidate her with his presence there.
“She’s scared and does not want to be near the person who shot her,” the prosecutor told the judge.
But Tory’s attorney Shawn Holley argued that Megan only found out about Tory being present after the fact and admitted that she did not see him when they were at the festival.
Holley added Tory lives in Miami, was invited as a guest performer, and though it probably wasn’t the wisest decision to show up where Meg was, she claims he issued the proper level of caution to ensure they would not run into each other.
“If he wanted to make her aware of his presence, he would have did that,” Holley said.
The judge, however, felt that wasn’t a good enough excuse and also harangued Tory for a tweet in which he said he doesn’t “give a f**k” about the gag order on him.
Judge Borjon told Tory that the best response would have been to turn down DaBaby’s invitation to perform.
“Why didn’t he say, ‘I’m sorry, friend. I can’t do that. I’ve been charged with assault with a deadly weapon…I’m facing up to 22 years and 8 months in prison and I have a protective order that tells me to stay a football field away,’” Borjon said. “That would have been the appropriate response.”
Despite the lecture, the judge showed leniency and ordered Tory to pay about $60,000 more for bail but not without cautioning him to use better judgement.
There will be a preliminary hearing sometime this fall.
As previously reported, Tory is facing felony assault charges for allegedly shooting Megan in her foot after they attended a Kylie Jenner pool party on July 12, 2020, in the Hollywood Hills.
Last November, Tory pleaded not guilty to the charges and in January, Tory’s attorney filed a motion to modify the protective order to allow him to speak publicly about the case.
We’ll be sure to keep y’all posted on any updates in this case.
Want tea directly in your text inbox? Hit us up at 917-722-8057 or click here to join!