The summer transfer window in Europe is now open and rumors are rife. Transfer Talk brings you the latest news on rumours, comings and goings and of course deals struck!
TOP STORY: Vlahovic’s uncertain future
Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Paris Saint-Germain and various Premier League clubs are considering a move for the Juventus striker Dusan Vlahovicaccording to Calciomercato.
With the 23-year-old’s future looking uncertain there are many suitors but the Serbia international is not a priority for any of these clubs.
Juventus are open to letting the former Fiorentina striker go, especially as they haven’t been entirely convinced of his performances so far, but it would cost at least €90m to secure a deal.
Bayern have considered Vlahovic after a move to Tottenham Hotspur Harry Kane and Eintracht Frankfurt’s Randal color failed, but her priority remains Kane.
Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal have all expressed interest in Vlahovic but none have made a serious move so far.
Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid have also been mentioned, with Vlahovic seen as an alternative to Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappe for Los Blancos, who would initially want the move on loan.
Although the interest was great, it is unclear where a concrete offer will be implemented.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga and more (USA)
– Read on ESPN+: Explaining the language of the transfer window
13.31 BST: Manchester City are ready for an offer Kyle Walker a new two-year deal to keep him at the club, the Daily Telegraph reports.
The treble winner is keen to fend off FC Bayern Munich’s interest in the England international.
Walker, 33, was under pressure to retain his place in the team in the second half of last season but fought his way back to once again become a key player for Pep Guardiola.
The defender’s contract has just one year left but City are willing to offer him an extra year earlier than usual to ensure he turns down the chance to play in the Bundesliga.
12.58 BST: AC Milan have made Villarreal an offer to sign the Nigeria international Samuel Chukwueze According to Sky Sport, dependent on a permanent transfer. The Rossoneri have personal agreements with Chukwueze but haven’t received the green light from Villarreal yet.
Chukwueze, 24, has not signed a contract extension with Villarreal, his contract expires in June 2024. A youth product of Villarreal, Chukwueze is also a target for Premier League clubs. The winger has a €80m release clause.
12.30 BST: Turkey international Arda Guler is to turn down a move to Barcelona and join arch-rivals Real Madrid instead.
Barca were thought to be in the best position to land the 18-year-old, but Real Madrid have now made a €20m transfer offer for Fenerbahce to accept.
Güler, who has four caps for the senior team, is one of the hottest prospects in Turkish football and has also been eyed by Arsenal and Sevilla.
Dario AS report that the attacking midfielder could complete a move to Los Blancos by the end of the week.
12.01 BST: Manuel Ugarte According to the Record, he has traveled to the French capital to complete his transfer to Paris Saint-Germain.
Ugarte said goodbye to his Sporting CP team-mates at the club’s training facilities on Tuesday before flying to Paris. The 22-year-old turned down a move to Chelsea and PSG after both clubs agreed to trigger the midfielder’s €60m release clause.
Ugarte, who played for Uruguay at the 2022 World Cup, will sign a five-year contract.
11.29 BST: Tijjani Reijnders According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Barcelona have turned down overtures in favor of a move to AC Milan.
The 24-year-old is expected to join the San Siro from AZ Alkmaar, but there is still disagreement over the transfer fee. Milan are said to have bid €16m while the Dutch club asked €25m – although a middle ground is likely to be found.
The report states that Barca were late in signing the midfielder but he has already made up his mind that he wants to play in Serie A and has declined the offer of talks.
11.00 BST: Manchester United have completed the signing of a midfielder Mason Mount from Chelsea, the club announced on Wednesday.
ESPN reported last week the two clubs had agreed a deal worth £55m ($69.5m) with a further £5m ($6.3m) in surcharges.
Sources told ESPN that the bonuses Chelsea are entitled to “will depend heavily on performances as well as Mount’s success at Old Trafford”.
✍️ It’s official.
Welcome to Manchester United, Mason Mount! 🔴#MUFC
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) July 5, 2023
10.39 BST: Sport Bild reports that Bayern Munich boss Thomas Tuchel met with Tottenham Hotspur striker Harry Kane last month as the Bundesliga champions attempt to finalize a deal.
Kane is Bayern’s No1 transfer target this summer and they are hoping to agree a deal with Spurs as the England captain is now in the final year of his contract.
According to the report, Tuchel traveled to London with sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic and met Kane at the forward’s home.
Bayern’s offer of €70m plus bonuses was rejected last month, with Spurs reportedly aiming for €116m (£100m).
10.10 BST: Benfica are expected to announce the return of Angel DiMaria to the club, reports Abola.
The 35-year-old, who won the World Cup with Argentina in 2022, will return to the Portuguese team as a free agent 13 years after leaving the club. He is expected to sign a one-year deal.
Di Maria left Juventus late last month after just one season in Turin, where he made 40 appearances in all competitions. The veteran winger was also considering joining Argentina team-mate Lionel Messi at Inter Miami CF but his priority was staying in Europe. Di Maria spent three seasons at Benfica before joining Real Madrid in July 2010 for €33m.
09.49 BST: Barcelona announced the defender’s signing Inigo Martinez as a free agent on Wednesday following his departure from Athletic Club.
Martinez, 32, joins Barca on a two-year deal and will rival Ronald Araujo, Andreas Christensen, Jules Kounde and Eric Garcia at centre-back.
INTÍGO 𝗗𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗧𝗥𝗥 IS COLORFUL 💙❤️ pic.twitter.com/kNH16j5H0U
– FC Barcelona (@FCBarcelona_es) July 5, 2023
09.11 BST: Barcelona have reached an agreement to sign Athletico PRs Vitor Roque for around 40 million euros ($43.6m), but it remains unclear when the Brazilian can join the club, sources have confirmed to ESPN.
ESPN revealed in June that Barca were optimistic about signing Roque as they search for a replacement and successor to veteran striker Robert Lewandowski, who turns 35 in August.
Roque, 18, has ticked all the boxes and after negotiations led by new sporting director Deco, Barca have struck a deal for the Brazil international.
However, with Barca exceeding the spending limit imposed by LaLiga and only being able to spend 50% of all savings or earnings on signing new players, Roque will arrive either in January, next summer or in the current transfer window.
08.30 BST: Roberto Firmino It was announced late Tuesday that he has joined Saudi Arabian side Al Ahli as a free agent after his contract with Liverpool expired at the end of last season.
The 31-year-old forward has agreed a three-year deal with the Saudi team and joins former Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy at the Jeddah-based club.
Yes sir 🪄#WelcomeFirmino
— Al-Ahli Saudi Club (@ALAHLI_FCEN) July 4, 2023
– AC Milan are considering using part of the proceeds from Sandro Tonali’s departure to Newcastle United for a move from Bayer Leverkusen right-back Jeremy Frimpong, according to the Daily Mail. That would put them in direct competition with Internazionale for the 22-year-old, while Arsenal and Manchester United are also interested.
– Inter have decided to approach Chelsea in order to secure a return Romelu Lukaku once they finalize the deal for the Sassuolo midfielder David Fratesi, says Fabrizio Romano. Negotiations for another loan for the striker will resume in the coming days, including a commitment to make the contract permanent.
– Newcastle United are interested in the Crystal Palace centre-back Marc Guehi As Football Insider reports, coach Eddie Howe is looking intensely for strength ahead of the Magpies’ Champions League season. Crystal Palace want £60million for the 22-year-old, with that estimate taking into account his breakthrough with the England national team.
– Borussia Mönchengladbach winger Jonas Hofmann will join Leverkusen after a clause in the region of 10 million euros came into force, says Kicker. The clause was negotiated a year ago when the 31-year-old signed a new contract. Brest Franck Honorat is among the players Gladbach are considering when looking for a replacement.
– Southampton full-back Tino Livramento would rather join Newcastle this summer than join Chelsea again, the Daily Mail reports. The 20-year-old is expected to leave the Saints following their relegation and Chelsea have a clause that would allow them to take him back for £40m, while Newcastle have made an offer worth over £20m.