Last week, OnlyFans announced that they would be blocking sexually explicit content on October 1st. After the creators gave their views on the matter, the company announced on Wednesday that they had suspended the policy change after “receiving necessary assurances to support their diverse community of creators.”
On Wednesday, the platform announced on Twitter the decision to suspend the policy and said, “Thanks to everyone for making your voices heard. We have obtained assurances to support our diverse community of creators and have paused the planned October 1st policy change. OnlyFans stands for inclusion and we will continue to provide a home for all creators. “
It was announced last week that OnlyFans would go through the platform and block any content they deemed sexually explicit. The new directive should come into force on October 1st. They originally said, “In order to ensure the long-term sustainability of our platform and continue to host an inclusive community of creators and fans, we need to further develop our content guidelines.”
The company had previously announced that it would seek funding to move away from adult content.
After the new policy was first announced, users like Tyga deleted their accounts from OnlyFans. However, Tyga took this as an opportunity to start his own platform. He has since announced his new company, Myystar, which is slated to launch in October, the same month OnlyFans originally wanted to block sexually explicit content.
Roommate what do you think
Would you like updates straight to your text inbox? Call us at 917-722-8057 or Click here to take part!
TSR STAFF: Jade Ashley @ Jade_Ashley94