Quavo amongst passengers current throughout a Miami yacht theft

Quavo was reportedly present at an armed robbery of a yacht in Miami on Sunday night. According to Page Six, Miami-Dade Police have identified two suspects in connection with the alleged crime.

RELATED: Who is Erica Fontaine? Turner Quavo spotted at Usher’s concert (video)

Details of the alleged incident

According to police, the incident began after two men were reportedly told their time at the yacht charter company was “up.” The men allegedly became “very aggressive” towards the boat’s captain and crew.

In addition, they demanded a refund and reportedly began making “verbal threats” to the team on board.

The yacht’s captain claimed one of the men told him he was going to “kill” him and even threatened to “throw him off the boat”.

In addition, the suspect is said to have pulled the captain’s wallet and phone from his pocket. According to Local10, the wallet contained about $3,500.

Quavo’s connection to the alleged robbery reportedly remains unclear

The outlet reports the men have since been identified as Cornell A. Whitfield, 39, and Anteneh A. Workeneh, 32. However, her connection to Quavo and the rapper’s involvement in the alleged crime remain unclear.

Despite this, Miami-Dade authorities ultimately arrested “several men,” including Quavo, upon arriving at the boat’s location.

“Suddenly a police boat came to the front. People were raising their hands, so we were wondering what’s going on,” Terence Quek, a Miami viewer, told Local10. “It was kind of an ambush from both sides and that’s — it was a crazy scene, that can’t lie.”

Additionally, a source present during the men’s detention said the rapper was seen “with his hands tied behind his back.”

According to the anonymous source, authorities eventually let the “Greatness” rapper go.

“[Police] permit [Quavo] Later, he and his entourage drove off in those big black SUVs with blacked-out windows… [and a] Bunch of women.”

In addition, the outlet reported that there were no arrests in connection with the robbery due to “conflicting statements.” Furthermore, all those arrested were “released” by the authorities and left the area “without incident”.

In addition, it was revealed that no surveillance cameras were able to record the incident. Despite this, Local10 reports that the investigation into the robbery will remain “ongoing.”

Comments are closed.